Monday, August 31, 2009

About Me

Hi, my name is Scott Secora and I am a sophomore here at TCU. I am from Austin, TX and I will always be a longhorn (except when they play TCU). I am still undecided on my major but will hopefully know by the end of this semester. I love it here at TCU and am looking forward to another exciting year.

From the first time I stepped foot on the TCU campus, I knew that this was the place for me. I love its beauty, the weather, the people, and everything about it. The only thing that I would change if I had the power is I would add multiple eating areas. The BLUU is not big enough to keep up with the lunchtime crowds. There should be a few eating areas like the BLUU scattered throughout campus. TCU is known for its academics so their is high expectations for the professors. A good professor listens to your concerns and stays actively involved with the students. Keeping the students interested in the topic at hand is also a sign of a good teacher. On the other hand, the student also has to work with the teacher and be involved with the class. If the student asks questions and communicates with the teacher then everything will work out great in the class.

If I could have dinner with any three people, it would be Micheal Jordan, Albert Einstein, and Tiger Woods. There are some things you have to know about me to fully understand who I am. I love to play basketball and baseball. I couldn't live without sports. Second, I love to go to the beach, especially to the Caribbean. Third, I love to be with my friends and always love to have a good time. Some things that I want to know about this class is who's going to help me study? Is there anyone else from Austin? And is anybody else still a premajor?

I am taking this class because it is required, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I am hoping to improve my writing and writing style over the course of this year. I have never really taken a college level class where we do a lot of writing, so I am hoping that this course turns out well for me.

The high school I went to was a small private high school that focused on rhetoric, so I have done a lot of writing. I prefer to write about fictitious stories that deal with characters that only your mind can make up. I have a creative mind and I also enjoy poetry. I enjoy reading Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine. The Harry Potter Series is also exciting.

When looking at my profile, you get a professional look but still pleasing to the eye. Hopefully my peers will have an idea of who I am based on my background and writing style. I have a casual style that is straight to the point. I do not like to be sidetracked by tedious statements and ideas. Because of my previous experience with writing, I will be actively involved with this course and will be on top of my postings.

I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of the course syllabus.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to ACL this weekend and Boo the long horns. Even know Sweed plays for my favorite NFL team. It seem like you are really into sports and things i would love to sit down and talk sports with you i use to play football at TCU so i think it be pretty cool to talk to to you and here your perspectives and prediction on things

    ReplyDelete